Today I’m a little late. It’s actually after midnight already, but I wanted to solve my problem first.
Sadly my Tetris game is not finished yet. Also – calling it “my Tetris game” sounds really wrong since it’s still very close to the tutorial. I changed some colors, added a bottom to the board and tried to add some text. While the first two changes were fairly easy (apart from my continuing problems with positioning things along the x- and y-axis) I struggled with the last one for quite some time.
I think I mentioned before that the tutorial uses SDL but as I found out today SDL doesn’t really support adding texts to the screen. At least SDL 1.2 didn’t. So today I tried my luck with the SDL_ttf library. In the end it did work the way I wanted it to and I can proudly say that I begin to understand more and more about both integrating librarys into Visual Studio and SDL in general.
I’ll make some last changes to the Tetris game tomorrow and than share the result and continue with the next game on Saturday. While I’ll change my approach I will probably stay with Visual Studio and C++ for now, because I want to get used to it a little more.